Christopher D. Strang
Mr. Strang is a founding partner of the firm and head of the Civil Litigation practice. He received his B.S. degree with honors from the University at Albany in 1998 with a major in Marketing and a minor in Political Science. He served as a Project Coordinator for a construction contracting firm in New York before attending the Boston University School of Law.
Mr. Strang held the position of Associate at Corwin & Corwin, LLP from 2005-2010 where he specialized in construction litigation. He represented clients through all phases and forms of dispute resolution including bid protests at the Attorney General’s office, mediations, arbitrations and first-chairing at trial.
He completed the Boston Bar Association’s Public Interest Leadership Program in 2008 and is current co-chair of the BBA’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee in the Litigation Section. He is also a member of the Boston Bar Foundation’s Society of Fellows and co-chairs many of the BBF’s charitable fundraising events and committees.
Mr. Strang holds leadership positions on both the Boston University Alumni Council and the Boston University School of Law Alumni Association Executive Committee. He was awarded the Career Development Alumni Award by the Boston University School of Law in 2008. He previously served a two-year term as National President of Boston University’s Young Alumni Council.
He spearheaded the firm’s pro bono project, pairing law students with attorneys to assist veterans and other Massachusetts residents in their job search by assisting qualified applicants in sealing CORI records.
Mr. Strang was selected as a New England Super Lawyer – Rising Star by his peers in 2009, 2010 & 2011.
- Successfully settled masonry subcontractor’s claims relating to extra work and delays resulting from collapsed scaffolding at Emerson College.
- Prevailed at trial on painting subcontractor’s claims for payment and defending against general contractor’s alleged backcharges on public construction project, including an award of attorneys’ fees. The judgment was later upheld on appeal.
- Prevailed at arbitration on subcontractor’s claim for contract balance, including double damages pursuant to MGL c. 93A for unfair and deceptive conduct against general contractor. The award was confirmed in Superior Court.
- Prevailed on summary judgment motion in Massachusetts Federal District Court, partially vacating an arbitration award relating to a non-compete agreement for a former employee against former employer.
- Successfully secured payment of all damages, including attorneys’ fees, in professional malpractice claim against accountant for small business.
- Prevailed on motion to dismiss on behalf of area university in Superior Court, dismissing subcontractor’s claim for breach of warranty in plans and specifications.
- Successfully negotiated modified mortgage for area church, avoiding foreclosure.
- Secured favorable settlement for former employee software engineers in dispute relating to non-compete agreement with former software company employer.
- Prevailed in opposition to motion to dismiss in Federal District Court on behalf of HVAC subcontractor against general contractor on federal construction project.
- Prevailed in opposition to motion to dismiss in Federal District Court on behalf of former sales executive against former pharmaceutical company employer on Massachusetts Wage Act claims.
- Obtained settlements in hundreds of matters related to subcontractors’ and suppliers’ claims for payment against general contractors, payment bond sureties and project owners.
University at Albany,
Mr. Strang is admitted to practice in Massachusetts.